Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Usher Reportedly Robbed Of $1 Million In Jewelry, Unreleased Tracks

News: Usher Reportedly Robbed Of $1 Million In Jewelry, Unreleased Tracks
Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 10:45AM

Written by Biz Jones


R&B singer Usher was reportedly the victim of a robber that stole $1 million in jewelry from his car.

According to reports, the robbery took place in mid-December.

It all went down in Atlanta on December 14th -- Usher and a friend were in an AT&T store when someone broke into his GMC Yukon and took whatever they could get. According to the police report, Usher claims the bandit made off with all sorts of Xmas gifts and personal belongings including $50,000 in furs, a computer and more than a million bucks in jewelry that he happened to have in the car at the time. (TMZ)
Additional reports suggest there is a witness.

A witness said they saw a Chevy Impala with tinted windows drive up next to the SUV. The witness told police a man got out of the Impala and popped open the door to the SUV. The incident is still under investigation. (Fox News)
Aside from the robbery, Usher's new album Raymond v. Raymond was recently delayed.

According to the spokesperson, the date change is to give Raymond v. Raymond the proper set-up time that it deserves. "This is a solid album that we believe in. We want to give it a proper launch." The album's lead single, "Papers," holds the No. 2 post this week on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. (Billboard)
The album will reportedly touch on Usher's differences with his ex-wife Tameka Foster, which became publicized during a 911 call the singer made earlier this fall.

"I actually wanted to report a situation where my car has been keyed," Usher told the 911 operator. "Yes ma'am, property damage. Can you hold on for one second? It happened last night apparently, I had called and filed a complaint because of a potential domestic violence between me and my ex-wife because she had come to my house, they sent the police there last night, we filed a complaint. My name is Usher Raymond...It was around 12 o'clock, last night [the car was fine]. It was after I had an altercation between my ex-wife and after I filed a complaint and the police came, she fled the scene. But when I woke up this morning I saw my car..." (YouTube)
No further details have been revealed as of now.

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/usher_reportedly_robbed_of_1_million_in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment