Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cormega Blames Steve Stoute For Erasing Him From The Firm

News: Cormega Blames Steve Stoute For Erasing Him From The Firm
Monday, Jan 11, 2010 6:00PM

Written by Biz Jones


New York rapper Cormega has broken his silence on being kicked out of mid-1990's rap group The Firm and said marketing pioneer Steve Stoute was largely behind his removal.

According to Mega, the dispute began when Stoute suggested Nas to have him sign a production deal.

"I told [Nas] some real sh*t, I said 'Yo son, you're the number one artist in the country right now,'" Mega explained in an interview. "Steve Stoute [said] 'Well if Mega don't sign the deal, 'Affirmative Action Remix' is gonna be the last that everybody hear of him with The Firm.' Me? I'm like 'Whatever' because in my mind, I just did another song with The Firm called 'La Familia' so I'm like Steve must not know what the f*ck he's talking about. So I'm chilling with Foxy [Brown] one day, we go into the studio and she's like 'That's some bullsh*t, your verse ain't on 'La Familia,'' so I call Chris Lighty because I was with Violator but Chris is cool with Steve and I [asked] what happened to my vocals. They were like, your vocals got erased by accident. That's when I realized Steve was the man..." (The Round Table)
Damon Dash recently accused Stoute of breaking his relationship with Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella.

"It was me and Jay and the two Russians voting on every decision, and I controlled the vote, because I always had Jay's vote." The two Russians were Alex Bize and Norton Cher, old-school clothing slingers from Manhattan's garment district who ran the day-to-day operations. "But one day," Dash says, "they brought me to a hotel." He takes his time with the story, replays it daintily. It's clear that reliving the scene is as painful as it is ebulliently cathartic. "I said, 'Why are we meeting at a hotel?' and it was because they didn't want anyone to hear me yelling. That was the day they told me they didn't want [celebrity photographer] Mario Testino to shoot the ads." Instead, they were going with someone cheaper, and they were going in a different direction altogether. "Here the Russians were telling me how to cater to my people! I wanted [Rocawear] to be sold at Bergdorf Goodman's, not Dr. Jay's!" says Dash. "In the end, Steve Stoute was making money off them. Jay stopped listening to me and started listening to him." Shortly thereafter, Jay-Z made their separation formal when he bought out Dash's stake in Rocawear for $30 million. (Esquire)
Last month, a promoted Firm Reunion concert was canceled at the last minute in New York City.

Fans waited on line yesterday for hours to catch the show to no avail. Yet the concert was canceled after there was a dispute between the rap vet and the promoter of the show. XXLMag.com spoke to Larry Gold, a publicist at the venue, who assures ticket holders that they will be reimbursed. "95-99 percent of our shows we are dealing directly dealing with either the agent or manager," Gold explained. "And this is one of those shows that went through a middle party. So other than we are reaching out to the promoter today to find out really what happened. Sadly to say we are really in the dark." (XXL Mag)
Initial reports suggested AZ was going to re-link with Firm partner in rhymes, Foxy Brown.

Former Firm members Foxy Brown and AZ will reunite in New York City for a rare performance together. Brown and AZ will hit the stage to perform during the DVD release of the movie Envy at New York City night club S.O.B.'s on Thursday December 10th. Foxy Brown and AZ will be joined by DJ Absolut, who will work the turntable during the evening, which will also includes surprise performances. Tickets for the show are on sale now and are priced at $20 for a limited time. (All Hip Hop)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/cormega_blames_steve_stoute_for_receivin.html

No comments:

Post a Comment