Friday, January 15, 2010

Flying Lotus Speaks On New Album, Lil Wayne Remixes

Flying Lotus Speaks On New Album, Lil Wayne Remixes
January 14, 2010 12:01:00 PM CST | by Danielle Harling


Former DXnext artist Flying Lotus recently spoke to Pitchfork.com about his upcoming album Cosmogramma.

Cosmogramma, which is the follow-up to Lotus’ 2008 album Los Angeles, won’t consist of any rappers but Flying Lotus has worked with a number of vocalists for the album.

“I'm working with a lot more instruments and a lot more people, a lot of different textures,” Flying Lotus told Pitchfork.com. “It's really becoming this thing that I wanted to do in the beginning. I'm finally getting to the point where I can make the kind of records that I want to make -- that I wanted to make when I was younger, things that I dreamed about making”

Lotus also spoke on his recent Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane remixes.

“Those were fun, man. I love Lil Wayne. There's a lot of interesting parallels between him and me,” said Flying Lotus.

Cosmogramma is expected to be released on April 20, 2010 through Warp Records.

From HipHopDX.com

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10437/title.flying-lotus-speaks-on-new-album-lil-wayne-remixes

No comments:

Post a Comment