Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Alicia Keys Unfazed By Sex Affair Rumors, "They're Meaningless & Mostly Inaccurate"

News: Alicia Keys Unfazed By Sex Affair Rumors, "They're Meaningless & Mostly Inaccurate"
Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 3:20PM

Written by Rosario Harper


Grammy-winning singer Alicia Keys recently shared her stance on dealing with rumors and the media attempting to taint her image as of late.

Despite finding herself in the middle of producer Swizz Beatz and his estranged wife Mashonda's divorce, Keys says she does not take rumors to heart.

"People don't know me for whatever silly rumor or lie they heard, or for silly gossip magazine...," she said in an interview. "I'm fortunate - that's not what my life circles around. From the beginning, I've had to juggle and weigh the silly things people say - and I've learned that they're meaningless and they're mostly inaccurate. So I don't worry about it, because there's nothing for me to deal with. I know exactly the person that I am and I feel very proud of who that person is." (BET Sound Off)
Last month, Swizz spoke out against media outlets and the public's urge to invade his personal privacy.

"Much love To all the real fans out there that support that real sh*t love y'all," he wrote. "Let the hate take you to the next level! Oh yeah get that album on the 15th it's Firreeeeeee yeah I said it and what!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my bo!!!!!! 4 life! People done lost there minds I been in this game for 11 plus years since I was 17 and all people want to talk about is my divorce Wow! F*ck what they say or said I'm a good man but when it's time to move on it's just time! I'm also so a great f*cking Dad but nobody give a sh*t!" (Swizz Beat'z Twitter)
Mashonda also released an open letter to Alicia Keys, who is allegedly dating Swizz, last September.

"If you are reading this Alicia, let me start by saying, you know what you did," she wrote over the weekend. "You know the role you played and you know how you contributed to the ending of my marriage. You know that I asked you to step back and let me handle my family issues. Issues that you helped to create...I read your tweets tonight and I felt they were very insensitive. You have no idea how much pain I was caused because of this affair. Its baffling to me that you don't understand what I might have gone through with this situation. I dont consider myself a victim anymore, Ive learned alot from this! I just ask you to try and be a bit more realistic and delicate to the situation, at least until my divorce is final...If its so, that you and my husband are meant to be together, then God bless you both and I hope you never have to deal with what I did. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. If you two being together forever is the case, its more of a reason for us to get along, because I'm not going anywhere. Theres a child to be raised." (Rap-Up)
In late September, Keys wrote via Twitter on matters relating to "love."

"evn the things u might b ashamed of,love is feelin comfort&safe wit some1,but still gettin weak knees whn they walk n2 a room & smile at u"....love is knowin all abt some1, & still wantin 2 b wit thm more thn any other persn. love is trustin the enuf 2 tell thm everythin abt urself, "I don't pretend 2 no wht luv is 4 every1, I can tell u wht it is for me;" (Alicia Keys' Twitter)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/alicia_keys_unfazed_by_sex_affair_rumors.html

No comments:

Post a Comment