Monday, January 11, 2010

No I.D. To Produce For Drake & J. Cole, "I Want Some New & Unexpected Things"

News: No I.D. To Produce For Drake & J. Cole, "I Want Some New & Unexpected Things"
Monday, Jan 11, 2010 1:25PM

Written by Rosario Harper


Kanye West mentor No I.D. has revealed plans to work with rap newcomers Drake and J. Cole for their upcoming debut albums.

Along with the two emcees, he also explained why Hawaii has become the ideal location for Kanye West to work from.

"I am working with J. Cole and we are pretty deep into his album, which is turning out great, also working with Drake, Jazmine Sullivan," I.D. said in an interview. "Kanye and I are executive producing Common's next album and then I want some new and unexpected things. There is the Richard Ashcroft project...Yeah, [Hawaii] is what it is for me and also it is where Kanye does a lot of his work too and I just grew attached to it. Los Angeles, I am new too, but I do have to keep a certain temperature." (Hip Hop DX)
Drake recently said he was heading to Hawaii to work with West.

"Me and Kanye, when we do come together, it's great," he said in an interview. "We have great chemistry. That definitely won't halt us from giving people what they deserve. In a couple of weeks I'm going to Hawaii so I can work with him and No ID some more...It's not much to say -- we got some great songs. Kanye just brought extra brushes to the painting session. He just brought some more colors so we can complete this masterpiece. I know he's eager to complete his record too, so he's back in that music mode which is great. He was in clothing mode for a second...now I think he's back and ready to make this all happen." (MTV)
Drake previously worked with West for his debut music video, "Best I've Ever Had."

"The concept of the video is, I'm a coach at a high school and the girls of my life are all on my high school basketball team," he explained. "Throughout the video you see us prepping for this big championship game, and my team ends up losing. You see the looks on their faces at the end of the video, but the moral of the story, I guess, is win or lose, you can still be the best to somebody. When women see the video and see all the breast and a**, hopefully they don't take offense. Hopefully they see the real meaning." (Complex)
Along with West, Drake has locked up a collaboration with Jay-Z for his debut.

"I actually did the record with Jay-Z last night," Drake revealed in an interview. "It's crazy, I'm really really excited about it. I hope he likes it, I just did it and I'ma shoot it to him and I hope he likes it. But it's crazy. It's actually produced by, well, the one that I want him on, produced by this dude from Toronto -- it is nice. It's a special, special record because at first I was like, 'I don't know what kinda hook I'ma do,' I really wanted to make this rap record and I managed to get this rap with a crazy chorus in the lane of like a 'Forever' but not really. It's like that type of triumphant feel though. I'm excited. The record is called 'Light It Up.'" (Rap-Up)
A release date for Drake and J. Cole's debut albums

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/no_id_locates_drake_j_cole_for_productio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment