Monday, January 11, 2010

Kid Cudi Flips The Script W/ Debut Follow-Up, "I Changed The Name Of My Album"

News: Kid Cudi Flips The Script W/ Debut Follow-Up, "I Changed The Name Of My Album"
Monday, Jan 11, 2010 10:15AM

Written by Rosario Harper


Rapper/Actor Kid Cudi has announced that he is changing the title of his upcoming sophomore album title from Cudder to Cudder & The Revolution of Evolution.

Speaking to fans at a concert last week, Cudi revealed the name change.

"I changed the name of my album," Cudi recently told fans in a video recorded during a Milwaukee, Wisconsin concert. "And I haven't told anybody else its title yet, it's called Cudder & The Revolution of Evolution. It sounds really dope, it sounds like [a really big thing.]" (YouTube)
Cudi recently revealed his aim to release another album just months after his debut, Man on the Moon.

"Cudder, I already got five tracks locked in," Cudi revealed in an interview. "We got Snoop, we got Pharrell. I just was in the studio with him. We got Jim Jonsin. I did a record with him. I'm gonna get back in the studio with him. Trying to get the right amount of hit records on this. It's gonna be the complete opposite of what Man on the Moon was. Man on the Moon was so serious. This one is gonna be more playful and fun. It's about having a good time. People reaching out to me wanting to collab is so bugged out. I remember when nobody wanted to do any song with me, let alone listen to my sh*t." (MTV)
Featured on Jay-Z's Blueprint III album, Cudi previously hit up SOHH to discuss future collaborations with the rapper.

"Yeah man, it's really something that I plan on doing, working with Jay," Cudi explained. "Just getting in the studio and creating something. When I did the hook which went on Blueprint 3, Jay wasn't around. But it's really something that I'm flattered about, being in the situation, like I said, I just bugged the f*ck out but at the same time, we gonna move forward and try make some more original sh*t. I've yet to have this conversation with Jay but I hope we can come together for some more records." (SOHH)
Cudi's debut album landed on the Sales Wrap charts last September.

Rap newcomer Kid Cudi's debut album Man On The Moon: The End Of Days made an impressive first-week run landing at No. 4. With just seven days under his belt, Cudi's new album has sold 104,300 copies. (Sales Wrap)
No further details on the album have been revealed as of now.

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/kid_cudi_flips_the_script_w_debut_follow.html

No comments:

Post a Comment