Friday, January 15, 2010

Nelly Recruits Jim Jonsin For New Album, "He Looks Pretty Anxious About Dropping [It]"

News: Nelly Recruits Jim Jonsin For New Album, "He Looks Pretty Anxious About Dropping [It]"
Friday, Jan 15, 2010 10:55AM

Written by Rosario Harper


St. Lunatics leader Nelly has linked with super producer Jim Jonsin for his upcoming Brass Knuckles follow-up.

According to Jonsin, the rapper is intent on releasing the new album this year.

"We've done a few songs so far," Jonsin said in an interview. "Nelly's great, he's really super talented. I just know he looks pretty anxious about dropping [it] within the next couple of months for sure. I did 'Dilemma (Part 2)' with [songwriter] Rico Love and Nelly had this melody idea. I've worked with Kelly Rowland and I've heard her sound, and that kind of triggered me to call and put her in the studio. It came out really amazing. It's similar in that it's musical and it has a great melody. But the sound is a little different, a little newer." (Rap-Up)
Last year, Nelly said he planned to work with rappers like Young Jeezy and Plies.

"The thing is, I work best with two strikes, two outs," Nelly revealed in an interview. "I really think I do. As an artist, you want to wake up every day and feel like you're doing something people don't think you can do. Now I feel like I've been put in that position again, where it's more doubt than expectancy. The doubt is what fuels me, so to speak. I've been real fortunate where I have great people around me. Everybody wants to freakin' work with me -- not that everybody didn't [before], but it's different because I didn't work with a lot of people. Coming into this situation, it's beautiful...In the booth right now, it's kind of different. I got Sean Paul, Akon...as far as the rappers go, Plies. Me and [Young] Jeezy talking about some things now. I'm not finished, but I'm a good portion on the way." (MTV)
While initially planning to drop the LP in 2009, Nelly recently said the project should now arrive in stores around the first quarter of this year.

"I definitely got a new project, we were trying to get it out before the end of this year but it looks like it'll be at the top of next year," Nelly revealed in an interview with DJ Semtex. "I just wanna make sure it's right, and it's definitely coming. The album is bananas so be ready. I did a little bit of different [sounds]. I worked with my man Polow [Da Don], I've worked with Play-N-Skills, we did this joint with Akon that's crazy. The joint I did with Polow, I did with Plies on it. I got a joint that I did with Sean Paul that's crazy, as well as my family, as far as the Lunatics goes, my little brother City Spud, he's no longer locked up no more, he's out...[The title] is just Nelly. I don't want to say it's the 'best' album, but just get ready." (DJ Semtex TV)
Nelly previously told a crowd of fans about his new records and explained why he has decided to record music in Las Vegas.

"I want to try some new sh** from my new album," he said, noting, "This is my first time being able to rock this sh*t." He performed two new songs: the yet-to-be-released first single, '1000 Stacks,' and an uncharacteristically vocal ballad dubbed 'Angel Eyes.' "The new album is sounding incredible," he smiled. "It comes out in November so be checkin' for it....I've been here for about a month...Recording in Vegas is always a good influence, especially the type of music I do...especially when you're doing a lot of party music and a lot of uplifting music and trying to, you know, get people the right spirits...It's going to be a lot of energy. I think they'll get a real understanding of what it's like to be in my position, so to speak, as far as having to start over and grind your way back to a position where a lot of people thought that you would never leave. I might be working on something with Janet [Jackson] and a few things like that, so we'll see what happens." (Las Vegas Sun)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/nelly_recruits_jim_jonsin_for_new_album.html

No comments:

Post a Comment