Friday, January 15, 2010

Kelis Takes On PETA In Open Letter


Kelis Takes On PETA In Open Letter
January 14, 2010 02:01:00 PM CST | by Jake Paine

After reportedly receiving a personal letter from animal rights organization PETA, singer Kelis released a statement today saying she was prompted to respond.

Although she was unclear about if a particular incident of fashion trend she partook in led to the letter, this is an excerpt from the letter: "There is no humane way to kill anything, let me start there. It’s unfortunate but it’s part of life. With that being said, I would eat pterodactyl if you found some and you told me it was meaty and delicious. And after doing a very minimal amount of research....... I found out that the founder Ingrid Newkirk is completely batty. I had a feeling but she far exceeded my expectations. I mean certifiably insane! Lol this chicks will is nuts, google it – it’s a riot! Beyond the fact that I think she's a diabetic, which means she needs insulin, which is taken from lab pigs (I know this because my sister happens to be in veterinary school), which would be completely hypocritical. It’s like don't abuse animals unless it can help me..."

The entire response can be read here.

Previously, rappers including Common and Masta Killa have endorsed PETA.

In related news, Kelis recently signed, with help and production from will.i.am, to Interscope Records.

From HipHopDX.com

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10439/title.kelis-takes-on-peta-in-open-letter

No comments:

Post a Comment