Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beyonce Puts Music On Hold, "It's Definitely Time To Take A Break"

News: Beyonce Puts Music On Hold, "It's Definitely Time To Take A Break"
Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 3:10AM

Written by Rosario Harper


Grammy-winning singer Beyonce Knowles has announced plans to start off 2010 by taking a break from recording.

For the singer, she is looking to take at least six months away from the studio.

"It's definitely time to take a break, to recharge my batteries," Beyonce, 28, said in an interview. "I'd like to take about six months and not go into the studio. I need to just live life, to be inspired by things again...I've always worked hard, but I feel like I worked harder this past year than I have since I was just starting out. I just had all these great opportunities." (USA Today)
Late last year, Beyonce hinted at preparing a new album for 2010.

During the last U.K. stop of her "I Am..." tour at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham, Beyonce announced that she indeed has plans of releasing a new album next year. "This is my last show for this tour in the UK, so hopefully, I'll see you all in a year with a new album," a raspy-voiced Beyonce told the crowd at the end of the set, before thanking them "from the bottom of my heart" for coming to the show. Producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins also confirmed the news on Twitter, recently posting he is working on some tracks for Beyonce's upcoming album. (Billboard)
In the meantime, the singer is slated to perform at this month's Grammy Awards.

Leading Grammy contenders Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas and Taylor Swift will be among the performers at the awards early next year. Nominations have already been announced, with Beyonce vying for 10 awards while Swift is up for eight. R&B singer Maxwell and country group Lady Antebellum, who are up for six and two awards respectively, have also been added to the bill. (BBC News)
Beyonce and Taylor Swift lead this year's annual ceremony with the most nods.

R&B singer Beyonce led the field of Grammy contenders with 10 nominations, followed by teen country sensation Taylor Swift with eight, organizers of the music industry's top awards said on Wednesday. Black Eyed Peas, R&B singer Maxwell and rapper Kanye West each had six nominations, with Lady Gaga and rapper Jay-Z getting five apiece. (Reuters)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/beyonce_puts_music_on_hold_its_definitel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment