Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Diddy & Dr. Dre Speak On Headphones Partnership, "It Just Feels Organic"

News: Diddy & Dr. Dre Speak On Headphones Partnership, "It Just Feels Organic" [Video]
Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010 5:25PM

Written by Biz Jones



Rap moguls Diddy and Dr. Dre have discussed their collaboration on the upcoming release Diddy Beats headphones.

For Diddy, he felt the company represents a key element to what music is evolving into.

"I think that Beats is the future of music," Diddy explained in an interview. "I think everything we did [in the past], we heard it, no we're [supposed] to strive the way we want to get it to sound through whatever ways we wanted to do that. Things have changed now, you go to a movie now, you watch Avatar, that's a new way to watch a movie. You put on some Beats and that's a new way to listen to music. It's the future of music. Period. Point. Blank. That's the best way, the truth, the best quality hands down, the rest is a lie." (Black Tree TV)
Dre added that his track record as a producer led him to venture into Beats.

"Basically just staying behind sound," Dre said about his venture into Beats. "I'm not that deep into fashion or anything like that so I don't think I could be able to do that to the best of my abilities. So sound, I know that. So I can always make something sound good. That's why this is just a perfect fit. It just feels organic." (Black Tree TV)
Diddy made his move into Beats late last week.

The rapper has teamed up with Monster Cable and Beats by Dr. Dre to introduce Diddy Beats, the latest addition to the popular Beats lineup. The stylish in-ear headphones (MSRP: $179.95), available in black or white, integrate Beats by Dr. Dre's club-level bass and clarity with a sleek black and silver chrome finish. Diddy Beats comes in an exclusive Sean John-inspired travel case with Monster's tangle-resistant ControlTalk headphone cable for use with iPhone and iPod. (Rap-Up)
Diddy has also confirmed his decision to launch the headphone series through a statement.

"We designed some ear buds called Diddy Beats that will be out next year," Diddy said in a statement. "We also have an iPod speaker base for your house coming out. That experience as a whole was good, we had a great chemistry with each other. My mother played music for me as a child, and I grew up loving the way music made me feel. It brought out joy and pain. It was my first career, my first love. No matter how many roads I travel, my heart always takes me back there. Music is my life, and Diddy Beats is an expression of how great sound makes me feel." (Baller Status)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/diddy_dr_dre_speak_on_joint_beats_partne.html

No comments:

Post a Comment