Wednesday, January 13, 2010

News Bits: Usher, Beyonce, E-40

DX News Bits: Usher, Beyonce, E-40
January 13, 2010 05:01:00 AM CST | by Edwin Ortiz


Eleven days before Christmas, R&B singer Usher was met with the unpleasant holiday surprise of theft.

According to MyFox Atlanta, Usher and a friend had stopped at an AT&T store near Atlanta’s Lenox Mall on December 14. While conducting business inside, Usher’s black GMC Yukon was broken into. The theif proceeded to steal over $1 million in personal items, including jewelry, Christmas gifts, and two laptops containing unreleased music from the Atlanta singer.

Still under investigation, no suspects have been named in the incident.

In other news, Beyonce has announced she will be taking a break from music.

“It's definitely time to take a break, to recharge my batteries,” she told USA Today. “I'd like to take about six months and not go into the studio. I need to just live life, to be inspired by things again.”

After performing in over 100 cities across the world last year for her “I Am...Tour,” the Texas-native explained, “When I got home, I wrote out a contract with myself. I made a list of everything I want to do that has nothing to do with music. Well, some of it does. But I promised myself that I would not go back on tour or in the studio until I finished these things.” You can read the full piece here.


Finally, E-40 will be releasing his eleventh studio album, entitled Revenue Retrievin’, as a double disc on March 30.

Featuring 38 new songs altogether from the Bay Area rapper, each disc will be sold separately with a different album cover corresponding to its theme (one for Day Shift, the other for Night Shift).

The album features guest spots from Young Jeezy, Keak Da Sneak, San Quinn, Gucci Mane, and Snoop Dogg, among many others. Revenue Retrievin’ will be released on EMI Records.

From HipHopDX.com

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10426/title.dx-news-bits-usher-beyonce-e-40

No comments:

Post a Comment