Thursday, January 7, 2010

Young Money's Jae Millz On Lil Wayne's Jail Time, "You Gonna Hear So Much 'Free Lil Wayne'"

News: Young Money's Jae Millz On Lil Wayne's Jail Time, "You Gonna Hear So Much 'Free Lil Wayne'"
Thursday, Jan 7, 2010 5:00PM

Written by Biz Jones



Young Money's Jae Millz has spoken on what he plans to do after his label boss, Lil Wayne, reports to jail for an eight month sentence next month.

According to the New York-based emcee, he is going to begin a 'Free Lil Wayne' campaign.

"What the f*ck you think I'm gonna do for eight months," Milz asked in an interview. "You gonna here so much free tunes, 'Free Lil Wayne,' I'm gonna make y'all n*ggas hate hearing that sh*t. I'm gonna make y'all n*ggas be like, 'They need to let that n*gga Wayne out. We tired of hearing this n*gga Millz say 'Free Lil Wayne, he only got eight months, I know n*ggas that got f*cking 20 years, what's eight months?' It ain't nothing to a n*gga who used to making money." (This Is 50)
Nicki Minaj recently shared her reaction to Wayne doing a jail bid.

"He is going to be up there in February. I'll [visit him] as often as I can. I mean, he's gonna be in New York and I'm from New York, so, I would love to just come up there as often as I can. But he's gonna be, there's gonna be so many people there so you know, I'm sure it'll go by in like, days, to him. It'll probably be a very weird experience but I think at the end he'll come out stronger, like, he always does. Nothing ever fazes him really." (Jenny Boom Boom TV)
Cash Money's Jay Sean also said Wayne has seen the ups and downs of stardom.

When asked if Wayne seemed blase about serving his upcoming prison term for gun charges, Sean says that Wayne is blase about a lot of things: "He's just seen it all and done it all. He's seen so much in his life. He's got all the money, he's had all the girls. I think all that drives him is to stay on top. So he's looking at this like, 'Oh OK, let's get this out of the way and get back to work.'" (CNN International)
Young Money's singer/rapper Drake also discussed his reaction to Wayne's time last October.

"He's dealing with it well," Drizzy revealed in an interview. "Wayne's not usually gonna open up emotionally and tell you how he's really feeling about anything. He's kinda more concerned about getting as much music as he possibly can, so that when he's in there, people are still satisfied musically with Lil Wayne product, and that's just the mind of a true businessman. I'll just do what I can to keep the whole Young Money/Cash Money team going, and I just want to play my part as a team member and keep the brand strong until the boss gets home...He's like superhuman. I don't think anything could really break his concentration or his zone when he's in there. I definitely didn't think this would be the outcome of it, but I hope it will add to him selling a million records again. It's an unfortunate situation and I hope that he'll be able to position it where his release is a day where everyone's excited and they're just excited about his new album. I hope he manages to market it the right way." (Rap-Up)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/young_moneys_jae_millz_on_lil_waynes_jai.html

No comments:

Post a Comment