Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Timbaland Speaks on Relationship With Jay-Z

Timbaland Speaks on Relationship With Jay-Z
01.05.10 | by Andres Tardio


Back when Jay-Z was prepping the release of The Blueprint 3, a few of the Timbaland produced tracks slated to be on the album were leaked. This caused a few people to whisper about the leaks and recently Timbo spoke on what those leaks did to his relationship with Jay-Z.

"Me and Jay is kinda weird," he told MTV. "Musically, I take friendship very serious. Me and Jay, sometimes people think we have falling-outs. We don't have falling-outs, it's that we don't communicate at the proper time. I take friendship very seriously. I wanna tell him how I might feel about a situation. The last time we talked, he understood how I felt. He saw my point with the Keri stuff being leaked out and everything. I had nothing to do with that. I would never do that to him. Nothing against his wishes. It bothered me so bad, I went on hiatus for a minute, because I would never disrespect his wishes. Like, 'I'm trying to do this with my album, please don't let that song get out or no leakage.' ... Four months later, the song is leaked. I felt so bad, because I would never want my friend to feel like we had some miscommunications."

He added that he thought someone may have been out to sabotage his friendship with Jay by leaking "Rumors," which the two worked together on.

"I felt like, 'What in the world? Who is trying to sabotage our friendship?' That bothers me. I respect my friends, because I don't got a lot of them, and he's one of my friends in the music industry. I felt like, 'I'll remove myself. If people wanna play us against each other, I'll bow out.' We talk about personal stuff. I don't want him to feel like he can't talk to me about certain things. We both said to [each other] one day, we know we don't need each other musically, but we are friends. I'm like, 'I hope you realize that. But I want you to realize that me and you are like Dre and Snoop.' Sometimes I don't think he understands that. When we get together, we do make magic."

From HipHopDX.com

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10368/title.timbaland-speaks-on-relationship-with-jay-z

No comments:

Post a Comment