Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fat Joes Joins The "Darkside" On New Album, "Haven't Slept Yet"

News: Fat Joes Joins The "Darkside" On New Album, "Haven't Slept Yet"
Thursday, Jan 7, 2010 5:01PM

Written by Rosario Harper



Terror Squad leader Fat Joe has announced plans to begin work on a new album called The Darkside.

Writing on his popular Twitter page, the rapper said he has also been collaborating with other artists.

"In the studio rite now with Busta. Khaled and Jezzy!!!! Its a movie what's going on rite now THE DARKSIDE!!! CRACK MONEY!!!!," he wrote this week. "WOW!!!!! Jeezy Busta Khaled Man a movie its going down rite now in the studio classic going on!! THEDARKSIDE!!!!!! Get Ready 4 it Haven't Slept yet straight out the studio working on my new album the title is THE DARKSIDE!!!! CRACK $$$$ @DJ_GREENLANTERN My brother what's up with my Beats like Green what's up homie THE DARKSIDE!!!!!" (Fat Joe's Twitter)
Last October, Joe revealed his intent to continue rapping into his 40's.

"My job is to make a record that is gonna stop the world from spinning," Crack revealed in an interview. "If you really wanna know what Fat Joe is after, Fat Joe is trying to make the ultimate best record in hip-hop history that will stop Earth from rotating. I wanna make something that's gonna make the biggest nonbeliever on the planet Earth say, 'Oh, my God. What's up with this dude?' I'm after the undeniable...You gotta understand, I do this from the heart. With me, it's all about making great music. Just to know my fans, who have been my fans forever, get to hear the new Fat Joe for me, it gets me real excited...I wanna make the people think, 'This music is crazy. This album is crazy.' I'm just like a little kid, like I just started." (MTV)
Fat Joe collaborator Rico Love recently spoke with SOHH about the rap veteran's dominance in music.

"It was an amazing experience working with Joe on the 'Aloha' record, as well as being involved creatively on the entire album," he explained. "Fat Joe is hip-hop royalty and he withstood the test of time. Seems like just yesterday I was watching his videos on television and now I'm in a video with him. That's a great feeling. I'm honored." (SOHH)
He has even hinted at a possible name change for his next solo project.

"We talking about a future album, one after this," he said in an interview last month. "Probably no more Fat Joe, probably Fat Gangsta is coming. 360. So we just gonna go in so hard, body on that thing like just killing people. The whole joint is gonna be straight violence on that joint right there, so, look out for that. That's the Fat Gangsta, the return of the Fat Gangsta, 'Flow Joe, fat n*gga with the shotty...'" (Invasion Radio)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/fat_joes_joins_the_darkside_on_new_album.html

No comments:

Post a Comment