Thursday, January 7, 2010

Drake Re-Links W/ Kanye West For "Thank Me Later" Debut, "I'm Going To Hawaii So I Can Work W/ Him"

News: Drake Re-Links W/ Kanye West For "Thank Me Later" Debut, "I'm Going To Hawaii So I Can Work W/ Him"
Thursday, Jan 7, 2010 3:30PM

Written by Rosario Harper



Young Money's Drake has decided to re-link with Kanye West to create songs for his upcoming debut, Thank Me Later.

According to Drake, he is headed to Hawaii to begin studio work with Ye and producer No I.D.

"Me and Kanye, when we do come together, it's great," he said in an interview. "We have great chemistry. That definitely won't halt us from giving people what they deserve. In a couple of weeks I'm going to Hawaii so I can work with him and No ID some more...It's not much to say -- we got some great songs. Kanye just brought extra brushes to the painting session. He just brought some more colors so we can complete this masterpiece. I know he's eager to complete his record too, so he's back in that music mode which is great. He was in clothing mode for a second...now I think he's back and ready to make this all happen." (MTV)
Drake previously worked with West for his debut music video, "Best I've Ever Had."

"The concept of the video is, I'm a coach at a high school and the girls of my life are all on my high school basketball team," he explained. "Throughout the video you see us prepping for this big championship game, and my team ends up losing. You see the looks on their faces at the end of the video, but the moral of the story, I guess, is win or lose, you can still be the best to somebody. When women see the video and see all the breast and a**, hopefully they don't take offense. Hopefully they see the real meaning." (Complex)
Last May, the rapper expressed the importance of making his music gain the attention of rappers and fans alike during a sold-out New York City concert.

"It's beyond a little crazy but the key is to keep my composure and just know that at the end of the day these are all human beings and they are all here for a positive reason just to see a good show and it's on me to give it to them. And if I don't, then I'm the worst artist of all time." (Peter Rosenberg's YouTube)
Along with West, Drake has locked up a collaboration with Jay-Z for his debut.

"I actually did the record with Jay-Z last night," Drake revealed in an interview. "It's crazy, I'm really really excited about it. I hope he likes it, I just did it and I'ma shoot it to him and I hope he likes it. But it's crazy. It's actually produced by, well, the one that I want him on, produced by this dude from Toronto -- it is nice. It's a special, special record because at first I was like, 'I don't know what kinda hook I'ma do,' I really wanted to make this rap record and I managed to get this rap with a crazy chorus in the lane of like a 'Forever' but not really. It's like that type of triumphant feel though. I'm excited. The record is called 'Light It Up.'" (Rap-Up)
A release date has not yet been announced.

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/drake_re-links_w_kanye_west_for_thank_me.html#more

No comments:

Post a Comment