Friday, January 8, 2010

Drake Won't Stop At Debut LP, "I Have A Special Plan To Keep The Free Flow Of Music Going"

News: Drake Won't Stop At Debut LP, "I Have A Special Plan To Keep The Free Flow Of Music Going"
Friday, Jan 8, 2010 5:45PM

Written by Rosario Harper


Young Money's Drake has discussed an aim to keep his rap buzz stirring after the release of his highly anticipated Thank Me Later debut later this year.

The Canadian rapper said he was cooking up a plan for this year.

"In 2010 I'm really hoping I can stay true to this new way of life I've committed myself to," he said in an interview. "I have a special plan to keep the free flow of music going after the album is released. This is definitely a unique path I'm setting out on, and honestly, it's great. I'm honored to be in this position." (Billboard)
He recently made headlines after being named as one of the producers for upcoming an upcoming television series.

Toronto-based the Nightingale Company said Canadian actor and rap artist Aubrey "Drake" Graham ("Degrassi: The Next Generation") is to develop a new comedy series for the indie producer. Mazin Eisadig ("The Line") is set to star in "Us and Them," a sitcom about best buddies -- and polar opposites -- trying to make their way in the entertainment industry. Information on when the show will begin production has not been announced. (The Hollywood Reporter)
The rapper has also hinted at routes outside of rap later down the road.

"I want to drop this album, then another, and then take a break to do film and study culinary arts," he tells Rolling Stone in the magazine's current issue. Once he masters his skill, the aspiring chef plans to put it to good use. "Then I'm gonna open a restaurant in Toronto. Hopefully my name will hold more weight by then." He should have no problem as he has quickly become the most-buzzed-about hip-hop act of the year. (Rap-Up)
For now, Drake plans to head out to Hawaii to begin studio work with Kanye West and No I.D.

"Me and Kanye, when we do come together, it's great," he said in an interview. "We have great chemistry. That definitely won't halt us from giving people what they deserve. In a couple of weeks I'm going to Hawaii so I can work with him and No ID some more...It's not much to say -- we got some great songs. Kanye just brought extra brushes to the painting session. He just brought some more colors so we can complete this masterpiece. I know he's eager to complete his record too, so he's back in that music mode which is great. He was in clothing mode for a second...now I think he's back and ready to make this all happen." (MTV)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/drake_looks_past_thank_me_later_debut_i.html

No comments:

Post a Comment