Thursday, January 7, 2010

News Bits: Joe Budden, Charles Hamilton

DX News Bits: Joe Budden, Charles Hamilton
01.07.10 | by Salima Koroma


Joe Budden's luck with the ladies appears to be in question these days. The rapper publicly announced his split with model Somaya Reece in a Youtube video, and claimed that she was "stalking" him. "Somaya, I blocked your bitch ass," he said in the video. "I blocked you on my Twitter and as soon as I leave a fucking tweet your fucking crazy dumb ass sends me a fucking text. You better stop stalking me, nigga."

Budden went on to call his former girlfriend a "lunatic," and spoke on his other exes Gloria Velez and Tahiry. "[Somaya] pretended to be really, really, really, cool, and then after so long, she revealed her crazy Spanish colors and began to act like a lunatic...I don't want any beef with motherfucking Somaya, I don't want any beef with Gloria Velez, I don't want any beef with Tahiry, I don't want any beef with bitches. Period. I'm off that. It's a new year, grow the fuck up."

In other news, Harlem rapper Charles Hamilton wrote an open letter to fans explaining his absence from the music scene, and confirmed that he had been dropped from Interscope records. Although Hamilton did not explain explicitly the events that led up to his release from the label, he did hint at possible conflicts with the people he worked with.

"Some things are too circumstantial to explain," he wrote. "The best way to cover all ground, without placing blame and removing myself from responsibility is to say, no matter the intentions, make sure you are sure about every move. Whether it be an administrator you work with, or divine intervention, there is a voice that can guide you, without making you feel like you're being intruded."

In addition to this as well as family problems, the rapper also said that his hiatus from music stemmed from his disillusion with less than positive traits of the industry. "Something was aggravating me on the inside, and the last thing I wanted to do was let anyone in on how I was really feeling. Anxiety about being a 'top artist,' the classic 'I don't fit in' syndrome. Things that I thought I got over came back into my memories with a vengeance."

Hamilton recently released an EP titled Normalcy.

From HipHopDX.com

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10383/title.dx-news-bits-joe-budden-charles-hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment