Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Game Talks Working With Pharrell, Dr. Dre & Possibly Lady Gaga

Game Talks Working With Pharrell, Dr. Dre & Possibly Lady Gaga
01.05.10 | by Rashad Phillips


Game has recently taken to Twitter as a way to promote his upcoming R.E.D. Album. Most noticeably, the outspoken Compton emcee has professed a new friendship for artist/producer Pharrell Williams; Game even went so far as to tattoo the logo of Williams' and Chad Hugo's Star Trak label on his forearm. In a recent interview with Reuters, Game addressed how his new friendship has impacted his upcoming album.

"It was the most hood album I had until Pharrell came in and took over," Game said of the R.E.D. Album, which is scheduled for a February 16 release date. "Don't get me wrong--this album is still hood. I would describe it as the beauty of the sky meets the gangster of the streets. It's just got a bit more color to it."



In addition to Williams, the album is expected to contain beats from DJ Khalil, Cool and Dre and Game's original mentor Dr. Dre. When addressing his volatile nature toward addressing beef--most notably the one with 50 Cent that got him ousted from G-Unit--Game said that he's "been too wild for [Dre] at times" and understood why the legend distanced himself from him on his two previous albums.

As far as the Star Trak tattoo, Game said he's still 100% behind his own Black Wall Street label, but there's a method to his madness.

"I'm riding for Star Trak too," Game added. "I hold dear anything that helps elevate me and my life and my career and helps me take care of my family. I'll be in debt to him forever for what he's done for me. I appreciate him and I would never go to such extremes as to get a tattoo if it didn't deserve it."

Game's full interview with Reuters, including his thoughts on recording with Interscope label mate Lady Gaga and 50 Cent selling 160,000 copies of Before I Self Destruct is available here.


From HipHopDX.com

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10370/title.game-talks-working-with-pharrell-dr-dre-possibly-lady-gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment