Friday, January 1, 2010

Snoop Dogg Ready For Susan Boyle Collabo, "Set The Studio Session Up"

News: Snoop Dogg Ready For Susan Boyle Collabo, "Set The Studio Session Up"
Friday, Jan 1, 2010 5:00PM

Written by Biz Jones



Rap veteran Snoop Dogg recently revealed his interest in singer Susan Boyle and shared his interest in doing a collaboration track with her.

According to Snoop, he respects the singer's strong I Dreamed a Dream debut last year.

"I told Susan Boyle, 'When you put your record out,' when she sells a few records, come holler at me," Snoop told radio host Chelsea Lately. "We can do a song together. Yeah [I'm a fan] because she was close to getting my record. You know I hold the record in the Guiness Book, I'm the only rapper to come out and debut number one and she was trying to get close to my record so I had to make sure she didn't. Yeah, I like her because she didn't get my record. If you set the studio session up, I'll do that." ("Chelsea Lately")
The rapper recently spoke on her success in the recording industry.

"That state of the industry, there's so many different artists, so you have a lot to choose from," Snoop explained in an interview. "When I came, there wasn't nobody coming like me. The way she did her thing, ain't nobody doing it like her. You gotta be different and diversify who you are and at the right time. Timing has to be impeccable, sometimes you don't have no control over that. I look at a lot of great artists, some of 'em didn't have a great first album but they doing good right now." (Rap Radar)
Last December, 50 Cent expressed his interest in recording with Boyle.

"Susan Boyle is hot right now." Fif told the Mirror. "I got to get her on a track, for real. We'd make a hit. Everyone is talking about her, the lady from 'Britain's Got Talent.' I'm always looking to do something new and she's cool, so I'll ask somebody to let her know. I'd love to take her clubbing, show her around my world. She'd have a great time." (Angry Ape)
The singer's I Dreamed a Dream had the biggest first-week sales of 2009 in early December.

Scottish singer Susan Boyle, known for appearing on "Britain's Got Talent" reality show, has debuted atop the charts at I Dreamed a Dream secured the number one spot this week. The international star's debut has sold 700,800 after one week in stores. (Sales Wrap)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/snoop_dogg_ready_for_susan_boyle_collabo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment