Thursday, December 31, 2009

Diddy Co-Signs Jay Electronica, "He Will Be The Break Out MC Of 2010!!!!"

News: Diddy Co-Signs Jay Electronica, "He Will Be The Break Out MC Of 2010!!!!"
Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 8:30AM

Written by Biz Jones


Bad Boy Records CEO Diddy has become the latest artist to co-sign the sounds of rapper Jay Electronica and said the emcee will get his shine in 2010.

Writing via his Twitter page, Diddy detailed the authenticity behind Jay's music.

"Attention all djs attention all djs. I'm about to post 1 of the hottest most authentic hip hop records of 2010!!! Just for real hip hop djs," he wrote Wednesday (December 30). "This is a record i will be promotin in 2010. My brother @jayelectronica - Exhibit C It deserves to be play on the radio! http://fblz.in/K3h4 @jayelectronica will be the breakout MC one of 2010!!!! Real hip hop!!! Artistic hip hop that's saying something!!! SAY SOMETHING!!! Rt pls! Retweet this pls!!!. My brother @jayelectronica - Exhibit C It deserves to be play on the radio! Click here http://fblz.in/K3h4 let's go!" (Diddy's Twitter)
Earlier this week, Electronica expressed his reaction to hearing his music on New York radio.

"Uh, yes [I feel good], I don't know, it's a lot. It's a lot at once," Jay told radio personality Angela Yee about the record getting spun in New York City. "I'm still just taking it all in. I'm just learning as I go man, I'm just learning as I go. Trying to figure it out as I go." (Angela Yee Rumors)
New York's Hot 97 radio station's DJ Enuff premiered the track this week.

"People have been commenting like crazy I must of struck some cord," he wrote Monday (December 28). "I know my role and position. But at times it isn't wrong to ask for a lil help or advice. You must at all times respect your power. I rarely would ask you the people for help because the answers can be so different from one another...I understand that I am one of the Gatekeepers. I am truly honored and Blessed to be here for Hip Hop. Quiz Knows If your out there you wanted to write I'm writing. I would love to have a one on one with J Electronica....To Be Continued." (Thats Enuff)
Electronica is known for having connections in multiple cities.

In the years that followed, he lived a nomadic lifestyle, moving back and forth between Atlanta, New York, Detroit, and Baltimore, among other cities. He adopted the Jay Electronica alias while living in Baltimore circa 2000. While in Detroit, he befriended associates of J Dilla, working closely with engineer Mike "Chav" Chavarria and collaborating with producer Denaun Porter (aka Mr. Porter). As a rapper, he distributed his recordings via the Internet, primarily his MySpace page. (All Music)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/diddy_co-signs_jay_electronica_he_will_b.html

No comments:

Post a Comment