Thursday, December 31, 2009

Benzino Clears Up Royce Da 5'9 & Raekwon Conflict, "Rae Ain't Have Nothing To Do W/ It"

News: Benzino Clears Up Royce Da 5'9 & Raekwon Conflict, "Rae Ain't Have Nothing To Do W/ It"
Thursday, Dec 31, 2009 9:05AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne



Former Source Magazine owner Benzino has cleared up initial confusion with his "Break To Build" Royce Da 5'9 diss track intentionally including a verse from Raekwon as a sign of support.

While Zino says there is no beef, the rapper did, however, use a video to flash a gun as a warning to what could happen if a conflict occurs against Slaughterhouse.

"I just wanna clarify a few things, you know what I'm saying about this whole Royce Da 5'9 situation and the 'Break To Build' song with Raekwon," Zino says in a video recording. "I had a verse on the song, it's produced by myself -- I had a verse on the song, Rae said he liked the joint and did the second verse and the third verse I held over and he had nothing to do with it. It wasn't really a diss song in the first place because all I did was say a couple of things about Royce in the third verse, in the last two bars or so. But Rae ain't have nothing to do with it, I just wanted to clarify that. Shout-out to everybody over there at IceWater. And also, the whole thing with Slaughterhouse, I felt like the whole thing with Royce's manager, they didn't want to give [my publication] Hip Hop Weekly, the number one urban hip-hop magazine out there, [an interview] but it really wasn't no beef. He said a few things, I said a response. If it was beef now, you know how we doing it." (57th Ave)
Zino's track was released earlier this week.

"Stash y'all the treasure, switching up the strategy," Zino raps, "Move outta character, flip him like a pancake/Seven figure salary, deals on the handshake/Armed full of angels, fresh with a low cut/Add it to your blazer, n*gga what you know about it/Over time hustlin', money and motivation/Spittin' over concussions, standing ovation/Outta pocket n*ggas get dealt with/Serial killers be at your crib then we turning to Celtic..." ("Break To Build")
Following the song's release, Raekwon said his vocals were never meant for a diss track.

"For the record i wanna say i take no part in nobodys diss song," he wrote Monday (December 28), "I just sent them a verse thts it! THATS BTW THEM BROTHERS KEEP ME OUTTA IT!" (Raekwon's Twitter)
Earlier this month, Royce dropped his "No Coming Back From That" record going at Zino and Canibus.

"Now b*tches want my attention like the Canibus diss," Royce raps. "You ain't got no mechanical handle, quit handling d*ck/We liked you before the army, now we ain't a fan of your sh*t/You know my Mac pop, Detroit is my backdrop/Shut your a** up and go have some sex with your laptop...Benzino, the hardest n*gga, you don't know him for hammers/You know him for talking sh*t with N.O.R.E. behind the cameras/I blam at ya and damage ya." ("Back From That")

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/benzino_clears_up_royce_da_59_raekwon_co.html

No comments:

Post a Comment