Thursday, December 31, 2009

Scott Storch On Timbaland Quitting Hip-Hop, "It's Not As Strong As It Was At One Point"

News: Scott Storch On Timbaland Quitting Hip-Hop, "It's Not As Strong As It Was At One Point"
Wednesday, Dec 30, 2009 3:35PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne



Producer Scott Storch has shared his views on Timbaland's move away from the rap game and said he could understand the beatmaker's decision.

Storch also revealed that he is no longer being a part of a rumored reality show.

"I love hip-hop," Storch responded when asked about Tim's decision. "I love all music. In terms of its place in the market. Its not, you know, technically as strong and other [forms] of music. I shouldn't even say that. It's not as strong as it was at one point, dominating like everything. I still there there's gems and plenty of ill hip-hop records to make. Living proof is Jay-Z...I'm not doing that [reality show]. It was something that was talked about, but no...You know what? It was interfering with my life. Its not me. I've had enough people talking and sh*t like that. I don't want to have one more thing for people poking fun at. What I originally was thinking about doing a show for was...that message got lost. What the producers wanted out of the show...I wanted something that would inspire people, in terms of recovery and something inspirational. That's not what it turned into." (All Hip Hop)
Timbaland recently explained why he moved on from rap.

"I was done with hip-hop a long time ago," he said in an interview. "Once my generation left, I left. I do it, but there's nobody from my generation besides Jay-Z who's doing it. I look at Lil Wayne as being from my generation. Some people are still acceptable. Kanye [West] is acceptable from my generation. It's just not the same. By it not being the same, I kind of fade to black. I did music that fits where I was going to in my age bracket. 'What does Tim listen to in his car all the time?' I love '80s music. So how do I infuse '80s with modern-day music? You Timbo the King, you gotta figure it out. I figured it out a couple of years ago with Nelly [Furtado] and Justin [Timberlake] and myself. We had a tremendous run. I think it was good for me to do it that, because some people would say 'Tim is cold.' The same people who smile in my face would be the same ones to talk behind my back. But I got this run, I'm not gonna stop until I wanna stop." (MTV)
Details surrounding Storch's now-defunct reality show landed online last spring.

The show will give an introspective look into the life of this dynamic and incredible talent. The show will also document him making hit records with all of the hottest acts in the industry while opening the door to the hot and trendy Miami music scene. Also, it will capture Mr. Storch's ups and downs in the volatile music business. (California Chronicle)
Executive producer David Weintraub had also confirmed the deal and spoke on what fans could have expected.

"This is a monumental moment to see a producer of his caliber let the cameras into his world and see how hit records are made," he explained. "A lot of people have tried to get Scott to open up the curtain to this process but have never been successful." (Hip Hop Pop Crunch)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/scott_storch_on_timbaland_quitting_hip-h.html

No comments:

Post a Comment