Thursday, December 31, 2009

Floyd Mayweather On Rick Ross Beef, "If You Start Trouble, I Gotta Finish It"

News: Floyd Mayweather On Rick Ross Beef, "If You Start Trouble, I Gotta Finish It"
Wednesday, Dec 30, 2009 5:55PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne



Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr. recently spoke on moving beyond his past differences with Rick Ross despite publicly inviting the rapper's son and ex-girlfriend to his home last month.

According to Floyd, he no longer has any issues with the Boss.

"Like I said before, we had a little problem, what he do is what he do and what I do is what I do," Mayweather explained to DJ Whoo Kid. "You know how it is. With anybody, if you start trouble, you know, I gotta finish it. Like I said before, he did what he had to do and I did what I had to do. And that's in the past and I'll leave it where it's at...Well, I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far." [laughs] " (Radio Planet TV)
Floyd made headlines last month when he was seen on camera with Ross' family and rap rival 50 Cent.

"It's Floyd's spot," Fif said during a segment of the video. "We in Vegas, doing it real big. I got the boys with me. Say hi man, say hi. What's up, that's all we gonna tell you. ThisIs50.com, it ain't nothin'!" The footage also shows 50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather taking multiple photos with Ross' former girlfriend, Tia Kemp, their children and other invited guests including Diddy and movie director Gary Gray. (YouTube)
Ross took a few verbal jabs at the boxer in an interview last October.

"Well, she did some things," Ross jokingly said about why he is involved in a beef with Mayweather. "Just to get some attention, said some things and I punished her. She got my attention so I lashed out. I punished her and now she just released another statement retracting what she was saying before. That's all I wanted, stay in your place young lady. We know you're sweet. Straight sugar. I'ma be honest, I am a fan. He said it, I did go to the fights. The $5,500 seats, yeah, I was right there, I coulda threw a red soda on you. She lives an alternative lifestyle and we gonna leave it at that. Much success to your boxing but just respect the G's." (UStream)
Describing their different careers, Mayweather recently promised Ross was not on his radar earlier this year.

"I just think that when you are one a certain level, you just let things go by," Mayweather said about his situation with the "Boss." "I'm a fighter. That's what I do. I'm into contact. He's a rapper. That's what he do. The thing I'm gonna do is stay in my lane and let him stay in his lane. But it seems Rick Ross is a fan of Floyd Mayweather -- in fact, Rick Ross was at the Ricky Hatton fight. He paid money to see me... I appreciate the donation from Rick Ross." (MTV)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/floyd_mayweather_on_rick_ross_beef_if_yo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment