Monday, December 28, 2009

50 Cent Questions Media Giving Game A Pass, "He's There Because Of His Assocation With Me"

News: 50 Cent Questions Media Giving Game A Pass, "He's There Because Of His Assocation With Me"
Sunday, Dec 27, 2009 10:30AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne



50 Cent recently questioned why the media tends to not grill his former G-Unit member Game about going against one of the main rappers who helped him reach success, himself.

According to Fif, Game is often never given questions about attacking him despite the fame he helped provide him.

"Let me ask you a question, when you see Game, do you say, 'Yo, why you talking about 50, you wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for him," Fif asked DJ Semtex. "You don't say that. Right. But you said that about [Beanie Sigel]. When he picks and comes, he's really there because of his association with 50 Cent initially. I introduced him. The same way you felt Jay-Z put Beans into a space that we recognize Beans and I don't really hear people say that to Game. I don't hear people say 'You're really here because of your association with 50 Cent. We know you because of 50 Cent. So why are you so comfortable for disrespecting 50 Cent?' It's not your fault though, you're in the record company. There's people that when I tell you there's certain people that don't have a responsibility to be cool with you because they are just doing business, that's the way I view Interscope as a record company." (DJ Semtex TV)
Earlier this month, Game wrote on Twitter about why he will not yet let up against Fif.

"#oneofmyfollowers ah whoop 10 of @50cent followers a** !!!!," Game wrote Thursday (December 17) night. "#oneofmyfollowers might have a couple kids wit #ghettobabynames like "IMUNIQUE" or "PRECIOUS" with her big ole a**or "SHA-QUA-ZHA-NAY" LOL jb_32 @ihategame @50cent has over 2 million followers, you're not even in the hundred thousands n*gga. Step yo game up @jb_32 yea, he got 2 million followers but they didn't follow that CD 2 the record store n*gga. ha #oneofmyfollowers is dumb ! this means u Quemical @ihategame Start Singing some R&B p*ssy a** songs like 50, so you can get 2million p*ssy a** followers. lol I'll squash da beef wit dat n*gga when he bows down & becomes #oneofmyfollowers & gives his kids #ghettobabynames like "THE GAME" or "PLIES"" (Game's Twitter)
Despite his disses, Game said he copped 50's new album, Before I Self Destruct.

D*mn, I should have bought three more," Game said about Fif's album. "I tried to get him over that 160 mark, man. We bought 17 albums man, real talk. I just wanted to help him out man. I tried to get him into, I don't know, [if] my 17 was gonna get him to a million, I didn't know what I was doing. But eh, I support it, I support hip-hop, man. It's sad and tragic that he didn't do what he thought he would do. But he's 50, man, he'll find out a way to sell somebody some G-Unit Maxipads, or G-Unit tampons or G-Unit douches, he's a business man...I think if Dre would have came out on the same day, he would have did a million or something or he would have did his mark. I just think people aren't buying or are buying what has a buzz and what's hot. I think it's a thin line and I fall somewhere in the middle and that's what keeps me afloat and my longevity is sustained." (Rap-Up TV)
However, he also said the rapper's sales indicate a decline in popularity.

I mean at this point, he is shooting himself. I mean for a guy to sell 10 million records his first time out and then to come back out and do 160,000 in the first week three albums later is a catastrophe. I really feel for him at this point. If he needs my help, then I will help him out and say his name a couple more times to help him float. I really feel bad about his first week, and I just want him to feel better about himself. Tell 50, there's always the next album." (All Hip Hop)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/50_cent_questions_media_giving_game_a_pa.html

No comments:

Post a Comment