Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wyclef Jean Makes Fugees Reunion Plea, "If Lauryn Hill Is Listening, Get The Group Back Together"

News: Wyclef Jean Makes Fugees Reunion Plea, "If Lauryn Hill Is Listening, Get The Group Back Together"
Tuesday, Dec 22, 2009 6:10PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne



Wyclef Jean has shown no signs of wanting to avoid a Fugees reunion by publicly reaching out to estranged member Lauryn Hill and requesting her to take action.

While recently performing at a small undisclosed venue, Clef publicly shared his plea to Hill.

"Let me play you a classic record," Clef told his crowd of fans. "This group still sold 22 million copies and the reason I'll never go broke, I'm still living on they publishing check. See. So right here, Wyclef passing number one -- and if Lauryn Hill is listening, get the group back together too!" (YouTube)
Jean recently explained how he hoped his new music would inspire Hill and group member Pras to re-join forces.

"Yeah. And it's actually a good question, because people within hip-hop don't really care about groups like that, you know what I mean?," Jean said in an interview with DJ Booth. "Once you're done in hip-hop, you're done. But somehow the Fugees is the soundtrack to everyone's house. What I'm hoping is that this group really gets inspired by the new movement that I'm on right now, with the whole Warriors movement, the new music that I've got comin' out, the movement with the youth, and I'm hoping they'll get inspired and be like, 'Yo, let's find Clef and let's get this thing crackin'.' And it would be an honor to go in and make it a super album." (DJ Booth)
He revealed plans to drop a new memoir which will touch on his time with the Fugees earlier this fall.

"Coming from where I came from and being one of the only Haitian entertainers to make it where I've made it to, I think when people read the memoir they will better learn the story," Clef explained in an interview. "And you know it's going to be several books. I just felt like it was time to do the first one. Wyclef Jean's name is more famous than Wyclef, so I was like yeah I gotta go ahead and lay out the first story. In the first book, there's no way that I can't mention The Fugees because that was done inside of the basement in my uncle's house and that plays a crucial part of the Wyclef Jean story, period." (Hip Hop DX)
Reports of the new memoir landed online around mid-October 2009.

The solo star and former frontman for The Fugees is collaborating with Rolling Stone writer Anthony Bozza on a book -- currently untitled -- to be published by It Books, an imprint of HarperCollins. Financial terms weren't disclosed and a release date hasn't been set. The publisher announced in a statement Monday that the book will cover Jean's life, from his childhood in rural Haiti to his musical career and philanthropic work. (Associated Press)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/wyclef_jean_makes_fugees_reunion_plea_if.html

No comments:

Post a Comment