Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lloyd Discusses Stacking Young Money's Debut, "I Respect Their Grind"

News: Lloyd Discusses Stacking Young Money's Debut, "I Respect Their Grind"
Tuesday, Dec 22, 2009 5:15PM

Written by Rosario Harper



R&B singer Lloyd has opened up about working with Lil Wayne's Young Money crew for the We Are Young Money compilation debut.

For the former Murder Inc. artist, Lloyd's close ties with Wayne and Cash Money Records' Baby placed him ahead of the competition for the "Bedrock" single.

"Ah man. That's easy. I'm just a good friend to Wayne and Baby," Lloyd revealed in an interview. "I respect them. I respect their grind. I respect their minds. So they brought me in to be designating; to be the [designated hitter]. They wanted a hit and they brought me in. We came up with something that was dope in 'Bed Rock.' We'll be performing it for the first few times coming up. We're just doing us. It's good to be around a crew of talented young brothers." (Honey Mag)
He recently addressed the rumors of leaving Murder Inc. for Wayne's Young Money record label.

"I think that's the question on everyone's mind," Lloyd said about the possibility of signing to Young Money. "No, I wasn't offered a deal, uhm, if anything I think about it because I'm big fans of their work and we all good friends. We've worked [together on songs] a lot in the past, you know, we broke bread together and I think a lot of fans would probably want to see that happen. I just wanna win, I just wanna be successful. I think wherever I go, I'm gonna be successful." ("Jenny Boom Boom")
Young Money's Shanell aka SNL has been promoting the new group album through her Twitter page.

"We need all the real YM FANS to stand up and stand out!!! lets make tomorrow a day we never forget!! cop the album!!!! mmmwwwaahh!," she wrote Sunday (December 20) night. "send me your twit pic of you and the hard copy of the album tomorrow!!! @freddyb87 lol yes crazy!!" (Shanell's Twitter)
In addition to Lloyd, the album includes guest slots from Pleasure P and Gucci Mane.

We Are Young Money tracklisting: 1. Bedrock featuring Lloyd 2. New Sh* 3. Pass Me the Dutch 4. Wifebeater 5. F*ck the Bullsh*t featuring Birdman 6. Ms. Parker 7. Target 8. Sacrifice 9. Every Girl 10. She Is Gone featuring Pleasure P 11. Girl I Got You 12. Gooder 13. Roger That 14. Steady Mobbin' featuring Gucci Mane (Rap-Up)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/lloyd_discusses_stacking_young_moneys_de.html

No comments:

Post a Comment