Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fabolous Strangles DJ Drama Mixtape Release, "He Had To Go Away For The Holidays"

News: Fabolous Strangles DJ Drama Mixtape Release, "He Had To Go Away For The Holidays"
Friday, Dec 25, 2009 11:29PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne



Fabolous' upcoming There Is No Competition 2 mixtape with DJ Drama has been scraped for 2009 as a result of scheduling conflicts.

According to F-a-b-o, the tape will drop early next month.

"Sorry my twiggas spoke 2 Dj Drama.. Last minute he had 2 go away 4 the holidays so we couldn't finish the mixtape. But...," he wrote on Christmas via Twitter, "We will now drop it Top of January & now u can start 2010 off right wit Loso! "There is No Competition 2 - The Funeral Service Jan. 2010." (Fabolous' Twitter)
Fab recently spoke on working toward his next album along with the forthcoming DJ Drama mixtape.

"I'm looking to come next summer," Fab said of the album's release date. "I like summer releases. It's good timing. People are out, a lot of people need good music to ride to. I'm looking towards June or July again and come with Loso's Way 2." As of now, the roll-out for the original Loso's Way is still underway. Fab wants to release viral visuals for "Lullaby," "Last Time" and "Makin' Love," while a clip "I'mma Do It" hit the 'net a few weeks ago. Look for Fab to keep heating up cyberspace with a new mixtape on December 25, hosted by DJ Drama. (MTV)
Earlier this week, Fab said he felt the mixtape game initially seemed to be dying out.

"The Drake mixtape of course was a huge success," Fab explained in an interview. "Lil Wayne's tape generated a lot of interest. I saw Wayne and just listening to his tape gave me kinda the feeling that people still accepted the mixtapes and wanted to hear it. I guess it's particular artists that they attach to but I had felt even with the most high-class artists, people were getting so used to getting free music that the mixtape game wasn't that influential anymore. So when I seen what [Wayne's] No Ceilings did, it let me see that there's still definitely potential there, there's still that market there. I think for me it's definitely there because my albums tend to be a little more mainstream than my mixtapes." (Real Talk NY)
While he believes mixtapes are declining in popularity, Fab previously said there were ways to help strengthen them.

"That game is really saturated," Fab said in an interview about the mixtapes. "I feel like you really have to do something special now, but there's not really anything special you can do on a mixtape besides trying different things musically or with the way you distribute it...There's nothing special to me about a mixtape now...There's pretty much one coming out every five minutes. Right now, I think the dopest thing is to have a mixtape online--don't even have a hard disc, because even that's slowed down. When was the last time someone went somewhere and bought a hard copy of a mix CD? So maybe the next step is to release something digitally and tie it in with that." (Hip Hop DX)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/fabolous_strangles_dj_drama_mixtape_rele.html

No comments:

Post a Comment