Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Kid Cudi's "How To Make It In America" HBO Series Air Date Revealed

News: Kid Cudi's "How To Make It In America" HBO Series Air Date Revealed
Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 12:40PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne


Details on Kid Cudi's upcoming "How To Make It In America" HBO television series have emerged and show the rapper's cable debut will air in February.

According to reports, rapper-turned-actor Mark Wahlberg is behind the new series.

If you're like me then you've been f*cking with HBO programming since The Corner (remember that) all the way to The Sopranos,The Wire, Oz, Sex & The City (not afraid to admit it one bit), Curb Your Enthusiasm & Entourage. Now Mark Whalberg who created Entourage brings us it's East Coast counterpart How To Make it In America about a group of 20 somethings trying to achieve "the American dream" while living in hipster central Downtown Manhattan and stars none other than racial profiling's recent victim Kid CuDi and one of my favorite actors Luis Guzman along with some white boys. Airs Valentine's Day 2010. Next up on HBO, Irv Gotti's 160 Varrick about the old Def Jam. (Ice Dot Com)
Cudi previously spoke on wanting to place his focus on the upcoming series.

"It was important to me early on to branch away from music and actually do something outside my comfort zone. When we were developing my character with the writers, I was telling them, 'Man, I don't want to be anything that has to do with music,' just because that's not really acting." (The Boom Box)
He also hinted at his character's role in the upcoming series.

"I have a lead role," Cudi said in an interview. "My character's name is Domingo Dean. I actually named my character after both of my brothers - Dean, who lives in Phoenix, being one of them, and Domingo. My character's kind of the comic relief. He's really witty - a hopeless romantic but a player at the same time." (AZ Central)
Details on the show emerged online earlier this year.

Rapper Kid Cudi is launching an acting career - the hip-hip star is teaming up with Mark Wahlberg for a new TV show. Cudi has signed up to appear in the series "How To Make It In America," a new comedy which will be produced by Wahlberg and the team behind his hit show "Entourage." Cudi admits he has always wanted to try acting, but insists he will not be giving up his music any time soon. (Star Pulse)
"How To Make It In America" is set to air Tuesday, February 16th, 2010.

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/kid_cudis_how_to_make_it_in_america_hbo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment