Monday, December 21, 2009

Loud Vice President Addresses Asher Roth Gay Rumors

News: Loud Vice President Addresses Asher Roth Gay Rumors
Monday, Dec 21, 2009 12:44AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne


Loud Executive Vice President DJ Vlad has addressed rumors which suggest rap newcomer Asher Roth has decided to come out and admit to being a homosexual.

According to Vlad, the rumors are merely gossip and hold no truth.

"As Executive Vice President of Loud.com / SRC Records, I would like to address the recent internet rumors about Asher Roth: Asher Roth is not gay, and is not scheduled to be interviewed on the E! Channel. Furthermore, Asher has not been dropped from SRC Records, and is a top priority at the label after having sold over a million copies of his 'I Love College' single. Asher is currently working on his next album for SRC. DJ Vlad Executive Vice President Loud.com / SRC / Universal CEO, VladTV" (Vlad TV)
Speculation began to grow over Roth's sexual preference last weekend.

At first, this appeared to be a rumor but I called Terrance Dean, the author of "Hiding in Hip-Hop" and he confirmed that Asher is indeed mentioned in his book. I then went to his blog and saw that he posted this last week: 'Asher Roth admits he is the infamous "Gay Rapper" in a new book put out by Terrance Dean, formerly of MTV. Dean who at first said he wouldn't say names, is now not agreeing or disputing that Asher is indeed the "Gay Rapper." (Team Yee)
Rumors used Roth's support of gay rights as a hint of his lifestyle.

Asher was recently at a Gay Rights Parade with Lady Gaga, "American Idol" winner, Clay Aiken, Blink 182, and REM lead man Michael Stipe. Besides Terrance Dean posting the news on his own blog, TMZ.com, and E! News all put out newsletters stating the good news about Asher Roth. Asher is currently living in a "gay section" of New York and "loving life". (Global Grind)
The rapper has received props from rappers earlier this year including Eminem.

"Asher Roth, I haven't had a chance to, like, really get into everything, like, really get into what he's about, because I've only heard a couple songs," Em said in the new issue of XXL Magazine. "There was talk about people saying he sounded like me, and he was doing this and that and, you know, trying to take what I do and do it. You know, sh*t like that. I've heard things. But the stuff that I've heard from him honestly, which certainly isn't enough for me to make my own opinion and say, 'Yeah, he does sound like me' or 'No, he doesn't.' But the couple of songs I've head, I don't really think he does. You know what I mean? He's doing his own thing. I can respect it, too, because at the end of the day, I think he's dope." (XXL Magazine)


From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/loud_vice_president_addresses_asher_roth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment