Wednesday, December 23, 2009

B.G. Cuts Ties W/ T.I.'s Grand Hustle Records, "I Felt Like They Were Playing Me"

News: B.G. Cuts Ties W/ T.I.'s Grand Hustle Records, "I Felt Like They Were Playing Me"
Wednesday, Dec 23, 2009 10:30AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne



Hot Boys' B.G. has announced that the release of his new album, Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood, represents the end of his partnership with T.I.'s Grand Hustle Records.

According to Gizzle, the Southern rapper is now on the prowl for a new label.

"I'm gonna be a free agent," he revealed in an interview. " I'm gonna sit down with the people that closest to me like my manager and lawyers and see what's the best route to do. [Grand Hustle,] no, all that's over with. [T.I.] was the executive producer of the project with me when it was on Atlantic. After the situation with him and the Hip Hop Awards, they kind of froze up on me, kept pushing the album back. This was pre-recession. Once I felt like they were playing with me, I stopped calling, got back doing what I was doing, creating another opportunity." (Hip Hop Wired)
There is also speculation he might make a return to Cash Money Records.

With the talk of a Hot Boys reunion and album, some would speculate that the rapper might find a nesting ground at his own home and align himself with Baby and Cash Money once again. "If the numbers right, if it makes sense." Whatever road the rapper chooses to walk down and whoever decides to do business, B.G.'s track records shows a man that will truly be an asset to whatever team will allow him to play. (Keep It Trill)
Reports of his signing to Tip's Grand Hustle landed online around 2007.

MTV reports that B.G. has signed with T.I.'s Grand Hustle and has plans to collaborate with his former Hot Boy groupmate, Juvenile. The Baby Gangsta also told us his next project, Too Hood to Be Hollywood, set to drop around September, will feature collabos with T.I. and Young Jeezy, along with production by Scott Storch and the Justice League. One producer B.G. wants to link with again is Mannie Fresh, but the rapper said Fresh needs to holler soon before he starts to lose it. (Six Shot)
The rapper's latest album debuted onto the charts last week.

Hot Boys' B.G. made his debut onto the charts this week as Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood snagged a spot at No. 77. Headed into his second week, the Southern rapper's new album rests at 18,800. (Sales Wrap)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2009/12/bg_cuts_ties_w_tis_grand_hustle_records.html

No comments:

Post a Comment