Thursday, January 28, 2010

Killer Mike Blasts Grammys Over Rick Ross "Album Of The Year" Snub, "All This Sh*t Is Rigged Up"

News: Killer Mike Blasts Grammys Over Rick Ross "Album Of The Year" Snub, "All This Sh*t Is Rigged Up"
Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 6:00PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Southern rapper Killer Mike has vouched for Rick Ross and called out the Grammy Awards committee for not nominating Deeper Than Rap for album of the year consideration.

According to Mike, Young Jeezy should have received recognition for his efforts throughout 2009.

"If [Ross'] album doesn't get nominated for rap album of the year or album of the year, all this sh*t is rigged up," he said. "Rick Ross should be heralded this year for the quality of music he's put out, no lie. I think Jeezy deserves a Grammy, but he's never received it," Mike said. "I'll watch the Grammy's when Jeezy gets his...He never got nominated." (XXL Mag)
R&B singer The-Dream recently resorted to ranting via Twitter about Love vs Money being snubbed for an album nomination.

"I had to let my people know," he said on Friday (December 11) of his tweets. "I had to let 'em know it wasn't all to the good. I wasn't just chillin'. The people that follow me, they really care about the movement. Not just me, there's a lot of great people doing great things all the time and they get looked over. That's why I put the thing about Kanye [West]. I'm not on no Kanye, but when you bust your a** and you know you bust your a** and you don't get a look, then you're looking at people funny." (MTV)
Last month, Fabolous shared his reaction to receiving one of his first Grammy nominations.

"I think, I'm not a 100 percent sure," Fab said about his Grammy nomination. "If I did get nominated before, I didn't win. This might be my first, I'm not sure. I was waking up this morning leaving Atlanta [when I found out]. I got the news and people were congratulating me before I knew. I was like, 'Oh wow, okay.' Somebody had hit me yesterday like, 'Yo, you didn't get nominated for a Grammy,' like they were pissed off. And I was like, 'Yo it's okay. It's motivation for me to work harder next year.' And then I woke up and I did have a nomination so it's really how it worked out." (Jenny Boom Boom TV)
Nominated for "Best Rap Album of the Year," Q-Tip vowed to keep making great music.

"THANK U ALL FOR THE CONGRATULATORY GESTURES!!!," Tip wrote Thursday (December 3) via Twitter. "thank you all for the salute for the grammy nod! its all good yall with the grammies but i just wanna keep this music crazy 4 yall.. thats my focus." (Q-Tip's Twitter)
Winners in all categories of the 52nd annual event will be announced at a televised awards ceremony on Jan 31.

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/killer_mike_blasts_grammys_over_rick_ros.html

No comments:

Post a Comment