Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby On Riding Shotgun W/ Rick Ross, "He Can Rap His A** Off"

News: Baby On Riding Shotgun W/ Rick Ross, "He Can Rap His A** Off"
Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 11:05AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Cash Money Records co-founder Baby recently spoke on working with Rick Ross on an upcoming collabo album, The H, and explained why his "partner" is a certified hitmaker.

Birdman also discussed his decision to move Cash Money Records to Ross' Miami, Florida hometown.

"We are still making it happen," the Cash Money mogul said of the impending release with the self-proclaimed Boss tentatively entitled The H--which is due out early this year. "Ross is my partner. He's already great to me. He's got the mind and the talent to do what he wants as far as rap goes. He can rap his ass off. He's going to constantly make hits. The town has bust open. I've learned a lot being in Miami. It's different from where we come from. I felt like we had to leave New Orleans in order to grow. My city is small; the state of Louisiana is small. I'm from there and I love it. I'm 504 'til I go. I still have a house there and I still go there. But at some point you have to grow." (VIBE)
Rap mogul Diddy also recently co-signed "The Boss" and likened him to the late Notorious B.I.G.

"Oh y'all ain't hear the second verse," Diddy said about Ross' 'Angels' collaboration. "Yo, y'all gonna peep that when we world premiere that. I don't know, I guess him and Biggie locked up in the room, even my man Hen Roc even said that. For my man Hen Roc to say that and co-sign it like 'Yo, my man right there sounding like our homie.' That right there is something special. That's a mean co-sign, that's a mean co-sign. I don't know what was going on in the studio, the spirits were connecting but it's official. It ain't bootleg, it ain't got no preservatives in it." (Spliff TV)
The rapper later offered his reaction to Diddy's statements.

"Yeah, that's big," Ross told DJ Envy referring to the co-sign. "That's most definitely big, but I want New York City, I'll never get it twisted, the magic that Notorious B.I.G. created could never be duplicated. That most definitely was my mentor, that's who music I wrote to the most. Hearing that come from Diddy himself is big and it's inspiration to keep making hot music." (Power 105.1)
Ross recently spoke with SOHH about predicting he would make the best records for 2010.

"Honestly, n*ggas can talk sh*t but it's hard to really make predictions other than lord willing we'll be still here, you know what I"m saying," Ross told SOHH. "N*ggas here, free, alive, other than that, we just gonna make the best music we gonna make. And I feel it's gonna compete with the best music that's being made right now." (SOHH)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/baby_on_riding_shotgun_w_rick_ross_he_ca.html

No comments:

Post a Comment