Sunday, January 17, 2010

The-Dream Places Finishing Touches On Final Album Release

News: The-Dream Places Finishing Touches On Final Album Release
Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 11:09PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne


R&B hitmaker The-Dream has announced the completion of his speculated "final" solo album, LoveKing.

Writing via Twitter, Dream publicly revealed the project has wrapped up.

"LoveKing is the best of the Three albums And Its FINISHED!," he wrote regarding his final album, Saturday (January 16) morning. "Pre-Order and buy from a brand you can Trust! Radiokilla Records." (The-Dream's Twitter)
Last summer, Dream explained why LoveKing would be his final release.

"I'm almost finished with LoveKing," Dream revealed in an interview. "It's the third album and my final album, actually. I'm not doing an album after that. I've accomplished what I've accomplished. I feel like I'd rather kill The-Dream than somebody else kill me. So that's the big headline there, killing The-Dream...It's over with, so nobody has to worry about 'Has he lost it,' 'When's it gonna drop,' 'Where's it at.' I'm giving you the last record 'cause I said it was the last record before you telling me which one is the last record. I'll just tell you." (The Hip Hop Chronicle)
Despite his claims of the next album being his last, he previously spoke on making a collaboration project alongside Kanye West last year.

"It was first thought of by me," Dream said in an interview. "I was in Miami at the time, and I gave Kanye a call and said, 'The best thing would be for me and you to do an album.' I feel he's at a certain place in hip-hop, I'm at a certain place in R&B, and lyrically, I'm just in a certain place in my lifetime. Let's take the best of both worlds and put it on a CD and try to make something we can sell to the consumers. He says he's with it. We're gonna try to make it happen. I told him, 'Let me lift my profile up a little bit.'...It wouldn't take that long at all, once we got the concept." (MTV)
The-Dream's last album debuted atop Billboard's Top 5 last spring.

Hitmaker The-Dream has made his return to the charts as Love vs. Money debuted at No. 2. According to Nielsen Soundscan, the singer's sophomore Def Jam release opened up with 151,500 copies after its first seven days in stores. (SOHH Sales Wrap)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/01/the-dream_places_finishing_touches_on_fi.html

No comments:

Post a Comment