Sunday, February 21, 2010

Raekwon Awaits New Wu-Tang Clan Album, "We Have To Do It, It's A Job"

News: Raekwon Awaits New Wu-Tang Clan Album, "We Have To Do It, It's A Job"
Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 11:12AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Rap veteran Raekwon recently opened up about his thoughts of a new Wu-Tang Clan album and why despite his own projects coming out, the crew will drop a full-length disc in the future.

Although he can not predict when a new Wu album will drop, the "Chef" said fans should rest assured it is coming.

"I mean, in my eyes there's always going to be another Wu album," he said in an interview. "Whether you hear me come out with another album or whether you hear any one of the Clan members, we're always going to involve everybody. When I look at Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Part II, I look at that as a Wu album. You feel me? Even though it was my brand and my thing that I done, I had my dudes on it. The first one was like that too, a Wu album. As far as doing another [full Wu-Tang album], we don't know when it's going to come yet. But it'll come. We have to do it. It's a job. I can't call exactly when. But you got this Wu Massacre about to come. You got the Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, which is my next album that's coming. These are all avenues to incorporate the W at a high level right now." (Entertainment Weekly)
A new Wu project would mark the crew's latest effort since 2007's 8 Diagrams.

In early 2007, in anticipation for the Clan's upcoming album, 8 Diagrams, Nature Sounds issued the Mathematics-compiled Unreleased, a collection of new remixes and hard to find, previously unreleased songs from the group and some of its friends. It wasn't until the end of the year, however -- after a couple of delays and some criticism from Raekwon and Ghostface directed at RZA regarding the overall sound of the record -- that 8 Diagrams. (All Music)
Last month, the rapper broke his silence on a big announcement he had in store for 2010.

"O I forgot my announcement on jan 1st to give yall so ima tell ya now! "I WILL BE DROPPIN 2 ALBUMS THIS YEAR!" Rt this crack....," he wrote over the weekend. "@ghanie nah solo records@agthekid ill deliver trust me!" (Raekwon's Twitter)
Outside of retail releases, Rae is scheduled to perform at this spring's Paid Dues festival in California.

Paid Dues 2010: Ice Cube, Murs & 9th Wonder, Tech N9ne & Raekwon, Tha Dogg Pound, Jay Electronica, Dilated Peoples, Psycho Realm & Necro, People Under The Stairs, Freeway & Jake One, Random Axe, R.A. The Rugged Man, Strong Arm Steady and more. Hosted by radio personality Angela Yee, DJ Wonder, and others, the Paid Dues Independent Hip Hop Festival will take place in San Bernadino, California on April 3, 2010. (Guerilla Union)
No further details have been released as of now.

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/02/raekwon_awaits_new_wu-tang_clan_album_we.html

No comments:

Post a Comment