Sunday, August 29, 2010

Drake & Nicki Minaj NOT Married, According To Twitter

Drake & Nicki Minaj NOT Married, According To Twitter


by Allen Jacobs



posted August 28, 2010 at 10:01PM MST

UPDATE: Skeptics were right, it was all a publicity stunt. Young Money marriage has been "annulled."



On Thank Me Later's "Miss Me," Drake professed his love to Young Money label-mate Nicki Minaj. "I love Nicki Minaj, I told her I’d admit it / I hope one day we get married just to say we fuckin' did it / And girl I’m fucking serious I’m with it if you with it / 'Cause your verses turn me on and your pants are mighty fitted," rapped the Toronto sensation, expected to reach platinum this week.



Well, according to Twitter, that verse was prophecy.



The evening of Friday of August 27, both rappers revealed that they had "tied the knot" via Twitter. Official word for Young Money Records has yet to be provided, but the confirming tweets are below:


@nickiminaj Baby I am never scared. PROUD is more the word I would use.


6:06 EST via web

Drizzy Drake

drakkardnoir


Please refer to @nickiminaj as Mrs. Aubrey Drake Graham and dont stare at her too long. She's finally mine. :)

Fri Aug 27 6:18pm EST via web

Drizzy Drake

drakkardnoir


Yes, its true. Drake and I tied the knot. > RT @drakkardnoir @nickiminaj Baby I am never scared. PROUD is more the word I would use.

6:21 EST via ƜberTwitter

Nicki Minaj

NICKIMINAJ


(August 27)



UPDATE: Nicki Minaj confirmed to E! News that Friday's mutual Twitter confirmations were in fact a joke.

Dear Barbz, My husband Drake and I have decided to have our marriage annulled. We'll maintain joint custody. Luv, HB


less than a minute ago via web

Nicki Minaj

NICKIMINAJ
 
From HipHopDX.com
 
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.12073/title.drake-nicki-minaj-not-married-according-to-twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment