Monday, February 8, 2010

Gucci Mane Denies Claims Of Drug Use From Behind Bars, "I Have Never Used Cocaine"

Gucci Mane Denies Claims Of Drug Use From Behind Bars, "I Have Never Used Cocaine"
Monday, Feb 8, 2010 10:15AM

Written by Biz Jones

Incarcerated rapper Gucci Mane recently debunked claims that he violated his probation by using cocaine.

According to Gucci, who is currently serving a one-year jail sentence, he has no past history using cocaine.

"My urinalysis was from, like, six months ago," he said in an interview. "I think it was for marijuana. But it definitely wasn't from cocaine. I have never used cocaine. That's just not true. Then I stopped smoking and stopped drinking. For the last six months, I haven't used any drugs, and I will continue to claim sobriety. That's why I said that at the BET Awards and made that PSA. Because that's something I took to and made a part of my life. So even when I do get out of here, I plan on continuing that, and I'm proud of myself for that. That gave me peace, even in the situation I'm in now. I know you have to be optimistic. Even if you're going through something that you expect to be good and it turns out bad, you know it will get well." (XXL Mag)
His attorney Dwight L. Thomas suggested that drugs were part of the reason Gucci was sent to jail for a year.

Gucci's probation for a 2005 aggravated-assault case was revoked because the flamboyant rapper has not completed a court-ordered 600 hours of community service, he's tested positive for marijuana and cocaine during visits to his probation officer and he has not been getting the proper permission to travel as mandated previously by the judge. "[Gucci] told the court yesterday he was on a road to recovery in terms of being clean and sober," explained Thomas, who also represented T.I. in his recent gun case. "[He is] alcohol free and weed free. ... He's also dealing with the emotional issue of killing somebody. He's been in counseling and therapy." (MTV)
The rapper's one-year bid was speculated online last November.

Mane has been sent back to Fulton County Jail in Atlanta for probation violation. Sources close to the Atlanta rapper say Gucci attended a court hearing earlier today to determine whether or not he'd have to serve time for an unspecified infraction that violated the conditions of his probation. He was sentenced to 12 months, but could end up serving only six with good behavior. This doesn't mark the first time Gucci violates his probation. The rapper was sent to the same jail for only completing 25 out of a required 600 hours of community service in relation to a prior assault charge. (BET)
Rapper Shawty Lo recently spoke on staying in contact with Gucci since his incarceration.

"I talk to him on a regular basis," Shawty said in an interview. "We keep him posted [on things going on in the industry]. He probably on the phone right now. I ain't got to give him advice, though. Gucci know what he gotta do -- he's a grown man. You know, he got his head up. He's ready to come back home...His spirits is up, and he get a lot of mail and get a lot of support from the fans in the streets and, you know, he's just waiting to come home to reclaim his career." (VIBE)

From SOHH.com

http://www.sohh.com/2010/02/gucci_mane_denies_lawyers_drug_usage_fro.html

No comments:

Post a Comment